9/27/15

Skit: Lil BLK

I went to go see a performance art peice yesterday called Lil BLK, by my friend and teacher Nic Kay. Nic was my dance and movement director when I was a part of AFYT. They struggled with me becuase I am so uncoordinated. I am also uncomfortable moving my body in public spaces.  Nic says I hold a lot of tension through out my body and I need to let go.  I hear you hold a lot of pain and trauma through out your body and haven't learned how to heal it or let go.  Nic on the other hand moves like they have never felt pain.  I know that's not true but when they dance it's mesmerizing. Lil BLK is no exception to that. It's about a fairy boi and a little black girl learning how to love thier female body. It's also a biography so you get to watch them grow up, discover each other, go to church, and deal with pain. I could go see this performance again and again its so powerful.  It beautifully deals with issues that arise growing up as a queer black girl.  It ends with a letter to a little black girls that is healing and transformative.  Really a must see for all pepole of color who's body is more trauma than water.  Go see this

No comments: