8/10/18

Daily struggles

I have carpal tunnel and I am not enjoying it one bit. I will have to wear a wrist brace for the foreseeable future, have surgery in the next 5 years, go to occupational therapy on and off for the rest of my life, take anti-inflammatory meds for the foreseeable future, and manage the pain with ever increasing strenghts of pain medication. If my wrist and hand had a brain autonomous from my own but could communicate this is how the conversation went down:

Me: dude stop!
Wrist: that's what I said but you kept texting, typing, swiping, and doing that thing when you swim.
Me: skulling?
Wrist: yeah! So now I will cause you pain for the rest of your life!
Me: Dick move! Not cool!
Genitals: Hey! We're offended
Me: you're not a penis.
Genitals: Not yet! But soon, and in our dreams we are.
Me: Ummm.. not in the foreseeable future. That was not part of the plan and if it was the wrist just screwed you out of it.
Wrist: Hey, I haven't visited in months, don't blame me.
Me: I was being metaphorical.
Genitals: This isn't over, we will succeed!
Me: Penis envy much?
Gentials: If our dreams were true, would be at full mast with envy.
Me: I don't know what you mean by our dreams maybe your dreams. But both of you need to stop.

No comments: