10/28/16

Skittles: wine night

I do this thing with a couple of friends. We plan out a night to have some one on one on three time.  Its me a close friend and a 3 bottles of wine or a handle of hard liquor. Before we go to sleep we must to the best of our ability drink it all. Now my liver hates me for this.  And I will probably need a new liver before I turn 30. But health consequences and potential for alcoholism aside it is a great thing. No two nights are the same. It's a great stress relief. It leaves me feeling good for the most part. My stomach always feels like I've put it through a blender but except for that I always feel good.  Last night's wine night was with Gypsy Warrior. We listened to music, sang,  and spilled T. I feel like I lose myself to the night. Give in to letting go and it is the time I'm most present. I shirk responsibilities because I need time for myself. I plan these way in advance and I don't let other things come in the way of my bonding time.  That's what I really think it is I think that I self-care and get to bond with somebody in a way that I don't normally get to do in social setting. Wine nights are intimate and personal. Something we don't make enough time for now a days. One of the prerequisites of wine night is honesty and vulnerability. You have to put yourself out there talk about what has really been on your mind. The good part is you're talking to someone you trust and you know loves you. A wine night consist of two people who have a loving strong trusting relationship and booze. It's not easy to open up no matter how much you know the person. Often times you know that they will react positively it's still hard to say. That's where the alcohol comes in.  It's hard to drink with closed lips. Alcohol lowers your inhibitions and boost your confidence which is sometimes all you need to get stuff of your chest.  Trust me after a month my chest feels heavy and after wine night I feel light and understood. I would recommend that everybody find a variation of wine night.  Maybe something healthier, you come over and eat vegetables together.  Being able to care for yourself with the support of someone else is amazing. Then you get to turn around and support someone you love.  Both indescribable great feelings. The last component of wine night is sleeping over.  Wine night means mandatory cuddling and spooning when you inevitably pass out. Its a great way to spend a night in with a friend that has high personal yield. Treat yourself to a wine night.

No comments: