9/28/18

Skitt: I wanted to feel happier

I wear my heart on my sleeves.
I bleed out in the open,
for all to see.
I will not hide my pain.
I will not be silenced.
I will scream on the top of my lungs when it hurts.
I will cry publicly,
no matter how ugly it looks.
I will not calm down when I'm angry.
I will laugh when it's funny.
I'm allowed to have feelings.
I'm human and I have feelings.
I will not hide.
Expressing emotion is nothing to be ashamed of.
I can express my feelings,
and it will not be chalked up to a stereotype.
I have a plethora of feelings.
My emotions will not detract from my quality of work.
My emotions will not detract from my reputation.
My gender will not determine
whether I'm passionate,
or overreacting.

I'm not an open book.
I've got much more than skeletons
buried places far more secret than the closet.
Laundry so I dirty
Clorox bleach can't even get it clean.
Blood stains all over the place.
Need more than holy water
to get rid me of all the sins I've wrought.
The path I've traveled is not the easiest.
In my wake I've left it littered with
broken hearts
dead bodies
burnt bridges
smouldering brimstone.
I was too lazy for the stairway to heaven.
Plus,
I wanted to drive the 1960's classic Mustang on the Highway to Hell.

No comments: