11/9/16

Skit: my dad's state of the union

Today I cried as the only county I have ever known voted that it hated me, my family, and my friends. My depression didn't need this and I wonder if I will be strong enough to make it the next four years. This morning was a morning of death and despair as many trans youth and LGBQ folks took thier lives in feas of the months to come. I'm scared too but not as much as my Muslim friends or my undocumented friends. I have two parents that love me.  Hate Hillary but love me.  They did not vote for Trump they voted for Hillary because they don't want me to go through the horrors of conversion therapy. They don't want me to be lynched. They want me to be all that I can be with my disability. They don't want me to be just someone's wife. They want someone to be my husband, wife, or spouse. They hate Hillary but were educated enough to know that a vote for trump meant a death sentence for their child.  I don't know how any relative of a latinx, POC, LGBTQ, disabled, or Muslim person could have voted for Trump. How do you expect us to sit next to you and eat dinner like you don't hate us in a few weeks? I cried when I told my dad my county hates me.  He said it was never my county to begin with and it has always hated you and feared you. They chained you up but still you broke the shakles. They beat you and killed you and still you thrived. They set entire systems up to make sure you fail and still you succeed. They hate us because they can not break us. They may try and try again but it is our duty to come out the the other side stronger. President Trump may beat me, in prison me, and torture me.  But it is in my blood to survive. My love for my community is stronger than his hate.  We will rise up.  We will persevere. We will do more than just live we will thrive.

No comments: