11/11/15

Skit: Mizzou

Just in case it wasn't apparent I stand with all people of color that have their life threatened due to racism.  I especially stand in solidarity with all students at educational  institutions based off of white supremacy. I know your struggle. I know your fear.  I've cried far too many tears. I understand your frustration. I feel your anger.  I am there with you walking the the same treacherous road.  I know your pain all too well.  But I don't know how more I can hurt for my people.  I don't know how many different ways I can say black lives matter.  I don't know what I have to do to make pepole wake up and realize that racial inequality is real. Words hurt. I've been called racial slurs and I've  said them, and there is nothing but hate and hurt behind them.  For a country so obsessed with black culture you think they would also love black people. But I rather be called the n word then actually endure systematic racism at my educational institution. If you don't know what that looks like it looks like an all white faculty in a department. It looks like your studens of color feeling underrepresented and/or afraid. It looks like not having a cultural center or not having mentors they can relate too. It looks like tokenizing. It definitely looks like drowning out a protest. It looks like a higher drop out rate and a lower graduation rate. If you read this and say wait some of these things sound like every major institution you'd be right becuase it is SYSTEMATIC. It is all over the places, one of our greatest plagues if you asked me.  I honestly get sick of writing about it, becuase it takes a huge emotional toll on me. It's my duty as a queer POC writer to cover every story I come across becuase that's how things go viral. We must force the issue and demand the attention. So I will continue to write every story, even as tears cover my keyboard. I will write even though it hurts. I will write becuase school is hard enough with out threats and acts of violence impeding on the learning process. To all that would bring harm to my peaceful Students of color know that I am watching.  I have thier back.  I will not stand for such unjustices. I will be there for them against you, that I swear.

No comments: